This is my fave summer salad! Refreshing and easy to throw together!
Sun -Dried Tomato and Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (or vinegar of choice)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- place the squash halves cut side-down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once the squash has cooled, scrape all the flesh out into a large bowl.
- Add in the onion, bell pepper, cucumber, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
- drizzle the dressing on the vegetables, mix thoroughly, and serve while the dish is room temperature. You can chill if you prefer as cold salad!
Obsessed with this sauce! It is light and tangy and even a little spicy!! I eat it dumped over salads, with steamed potatoes and lettuce wraps. Great for dipping veggies too! You can make it extra spicy by adding more jalapeno and cayenne. YUMMMY!
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon each of onion powder, coriander, curry powder, chili powder, and paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon each of cayenne and fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Blend all of the ingredients together until completely smooth. I use my Ninja!
We use cauliflower A LOT in our home! We make meatless tacos using cauliflower and enjoy them more this way!!
Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Smokey chipotle black beans:
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 2 jalapeno peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 avocado mashed (I like to add a squeeze of lime and pinch of salt)
- your favorite salsa to top
- Cook Cauliflower Rice ingredients on stove top 3-4 mins until tender
- Prep the chipotle black beans: Heat the avocado oil on medium high heat in a pan then add the onion and pepper – cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together letting cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Roast the sweet potato: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place the cubed sweet potato on the pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until tender, flipping halfway through.
- Putting it all together: Add some cauliflower rice to the bottom of you bowl and top with the chipotle black beans, roasted sweet potatoes, guacamole, fresh cilantro and your favorite salsa!~
Brussels Spouts are another favorite in our household and we eat them as a meal! Here is our favorite recipe for cooking them!!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved, stems and ragged outer leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Transfer the brussels sprouts to baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning, until tender and caramleized, about 20-30 minutes.
Place brussels sprouts back in bowl. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly. Taste and adjust seasoning i necessary, then serve!
Ask my husband and my daughter what my favorite lunch is right now… HANDS DOWN it’s this Matcha Bowl from Laird Superfood
Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- 4 oz. Laird Superfood HYDRATE Matcha (prepared with water)
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Juice and zest from 1/2 of a lime
- Ice – 4-5 cubes
- Fresh Pineapple
- Hemp Seeds
- Coconut Flakes
- Add all smoothie base ingredients to blender
- Blend until smooth and combined
- Pour smoothie into bowl and top with favorite toppings! ENJOY!!!
I have had so many people asking me what I eat and to please post some recipes. This is a great start!! I would love your feedback!!
Next to come… My Fave Dessert Recipes!