~ Not so fun facts…
- 84,000 industrial chemicals used in household products today
- 5 industrial chemicals that are regulated by the FDA
- Only 11 harmful cosmetic ingredients banned in the U.S. – compare this to Europe!!
- 232 toxic chemicals found in U.S. newborn umbilical cords
- Chemicals are rapidly absorbed via inhalation, skin contact, & ingestion
- We absorb up to 60% of what we put on our skin
- Children absorb 40-50% more
- Even tiny doses can be very potent (Ex. NuvaRing uses .035 parts per billion to prevent conception. Albuterol uses 2.1 parts per billion to stop and asthma attack)
- Chemicals are proven to disrupt hormone production, cause immune problems, contribute to asthma. Cause Cancer, tumors, cell mutation, nerve damage, blindness & sterilization. Contribute to learning disorders, developmental impairment, allergies and MORE..
“Chemical Free Home” by Melissa Poepping
Here’s the kicker… we NEVER needed all these chemicals in our products in the first place!!
The 3 Cupboard Challenge!
Look through 3 cabinets in your home. Read the ingredients of products you clean with, apply to your body, ingest, & spray in the air. If you can’t pronounce it, or you don’t know what it is, Google “danger of (that ingredient).” If it’s bad for you, ditch it!!
Download the following apps and check each and every product you use – Think Dirty App and EWG’s Healthy Living App!
- CLEANING CUPBOARD (sprays, scrubs, liquids, air fresheners etc…)
- PERSONAL CARE CUPBOARD (dental care -flouride is bad for you!, skin care, deodorant-aluminum is bad for you!, hari care, etc…)
- LAUNDRY CUPBOARD (stain spray, detergent, dryer sheets, softener, etc…)
I WOULD LOVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HELP YOU TURN YOUR HOME AND THE PRODUCTS YOU USE INTO A SAFE-HAVEN FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!